Thursday, July 30, 2009

$8.47

so...for those of you who don't know [which is probably everybody except my mom...and apparently Cam-he just told me], my inseam is 37". It's what happens when you're six feet tall. Either way, it's hard to find jeans. It's even harder to find jeans on sale. I've found a place called Vanity where they sell up to 37" inseams, but only in select styles...which means the basic 5 pocket...no cute pocket detail. ANYWAY-we moseyed on over to the mall last night to kill time before 1/2 priced appetizers at Applebees and while rummaging through the clearance rack I found a pair of super-cute pocketed jeans for $10. The downside...the inseam was 33". My wonderful parents bought me a sewing machine a while back, and I decided to stick it to the short people and make a pair of knee length shorts out of them. I'm most pleased with how they turned out, so I thought I'd share them with all of you! [and yes, mom, that's an iron in the background. I even PRESSED them before sewing them to make sure everything was straight. :)] o and did I mention that I had a 20% off coupon because it's my birthday next month. I got the coupon that morning. So...cute pair of knee length shorts: $8.47. Take that, Economy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS