Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since our office went from 102 employees to 38 almost 2 weeks ago, I've taken on a lot more responsibility than I was in the past. I've also spent a lot of time getting my stuff together to start selling digital scraps in my shop. It's definitely taken some getting used to. It mostly means that I'm exhausted and barely have the energy to pull myself out of bed in the mornings. Thus, this blog is text based and not picture based. I don't know where the camera is, nor do I have the motivation to edit or scrap the pictures. However, we did have a fabulous Valentine's Day weekend.

Friday, we went up to West Valley to babysit Emilee and Adam's 4 adorable kids. For those of you who don't know about my amazing sister-in-law, she has a 4-year-old, a 2-year-old and twin 3 month old boys. Every single time I go over to her house it is spotless, she's showered and looking wonderful, the kids are happy, etc. I have no idea how she does it and I admire everything about her. One time I went over, the 3 youngest were taking naps and she was sitting in the kitchen teaching her 4-year-old to write her letters. I honestly love spending every minute I can at their house. She's so inspiring to me. :) [love you, em!]

Me and Cam spent a few hours keeping the kids happy and teaching the girls about the Olympics while watching the opening ceremonies. It was awesome to teach the girls about where each team was from and hear their excitement when they understood that this big "party" with "dancers" was where their Uncle Jared is on his mission. [Well...Canada. :)] I love those kids, and love playing house, and love giving Adam & Em some time to themselves.  [Call us any time!!]

We spent the night at Adam & Em's house and enjoyed a yummy late pancake breakfast. I love sleeping in. [Happy Valentine's Day to Me!] We got ready and did sealings at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My sister, Lindsay, has been incredible at family history and had prepared a few sealings for us to do. I love that temple. There is nothing like being there with the man I love. I feel at home. I feel safe. And I believe in the truth of the work that goes on there with all of my heart.

We went home and Cameron sent me upstairs to get ready to go out while he made dinner. I took my sweet time and came down to roses, candles and a tablecloth made out of the blanket we ate on at the picnic where Cam proposed to me. It was beautiful. We had sun chips, pastrami sandwiches with cranberry mustard, and spinach salad with candied walnuts and poppyseed dressing. Y-U-M. The man knows me way too well. To make it even better, he started a playlist with songs from when we got engaged: including...Michael Buble singing "I'm Beginning to See the Light" which was performed at the Mo-Tab concert we went to that night. And which concert he will be taking me to on March 31st. I love that man.

At dinner we exchanged gifts. Cameron quickly explained to me that he got "completely suckered into buying" mine. Lol. He's so cute. However, he was right. It was exactly what I wanted. I really hate my hands. They're just not very pretty. I also hate nail polish [unless it's on my toes!] and Cameron got me a manicure set with the buffer, hand cream, cuticle oil, etc. To make it even better he got me the most luxurious body butter, EVER. It's incredible. And that's saying something coming from the girl whose bathroom cupboard looks like Bath & Body Works. I got him a shirt made by one of my favorite etsy shops ever. He really likes windmills. In fact, he acts like a toddler whenever we drive by one. It was one of the first times I felt myself falling in love with him. The shirt is dark grey with this distressed image of three windmills across it. I love it. :)

We left dinner for Divine Comedy and laughed to the point of tears. They did a comedy show on Harry Potter 6 and it was absolutely hilarious. :)

Sunday was my turn. I made a lemon pepper pork roast [thank you, Hormel] with candied carrots [thank you, Mom] and potatoes. I gained wife of the year status when I pulled a reese's peanut butter dessert out of the fridge. :) We shamelessly ate the entire thing and played Milles Borne. If you haven't played it, look it up! I highly recommend it.

Hope you all had a wonderful V-Day. :)

Here's to a relaxing weekend. [Tomorrow's Friday!]

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the recipe for that pork roast. I love pork roast and currently have one in the freezer but I only have so many crock pot recipes for pork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you went to go see Divine Comedy! I wish we could've gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! i would have eaten the whole PB thing too! yum! and thanks soooo much for all you said about us! seriously made my day! and some day you will witness my breakdown, i am sure of it! and we totally loved going out. wow! it was soooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was just telling my husband about how the company you work for cut their employees from over 100 down to the 30s. I was telling him also how you're having to pick up the slack of everyone that is no longer working there. He then brought up a good point...he said, "she better be getting paid more." haha So there you have it, I hope they are paying you more. And if they are, congrats on the raise :)...and if they're not- you should ask for one ;)

    By the way, i've been scrapbooking by using a program called Memory Mixer. It's no photoshop but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cameron....what a great romantic. I need to call you for advice/coaching on how to better take care of my wife. Flowers & dinner year after year need an upgrade....I'll be talking to you. Sounds like you both had a great V-day weekend. I love you both. Wayne

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS