Tuesday, January 24, 2012

29 Week Update - Movin' Right Along



How far along? 29 Weeks exactly
Maternity clothes? Yes. But this sweater isn't a maternity sweater. It's got about 2 days left of life in it, so I figured I'd give it a last hurrah. I'm still loving those jeans. :)
Best moment this week: Finishing 3 cloth diapers! I'm pretty proud of myself. Also, Cameron gave me a rub down, followed by practicing some counter-pressure/labor techniques. All I gotta say is the riboso (sp?)  is life changing. Also, I do NOT have gestational diabetes. boo-yah! Thanks for not liking treats boys! I was really worried about that because gestational diabetes comes from the placenta. Since I have 2 placentas, I was at greater risk for it, or so they say. I'm just grateful I don't have to worry about that. I'm having a hard enough time getting enough calories as it is.
Movement: Yes. GRAY GOT OFF MY RIBS. 10 gold stars for that kid. He is the BEST. I have no idea how he found a little extra room to get comfy, but I am so grateful. I'm sure he'll be back up there eventually, but it sure has been nice!
Food cravings: Fruits & veggies. Also, rootbeer. And ice cream. Weirdy. Those are actually current cravings. Perhaps a caffeine-free pepsi float? I think I mostly just want the carbonation. OMG DR. PEPPER. (I'm worthless. Are you getting that?)
Labor Signs: None. Nash is using my cervix as a punching bag lately. That's a weird sensation.
Belly Button in or out? I'm pretty impressed with how well my button is hanging in there. lol. I thought for sure it'd be popped by now, but no. There's a tiny corner that is flirting with the line, but other than that it's just stretched.
What I miss: Not gonna lie, I had a utter and complete meltdown because I was no longer young and hip and fun and hot. It was fueled by the realization that no one would mistakenly come up and hit on me if we happened to be out at a party of some sort. (Totally rational, I know.) I was also looking through a bunch of fun date ideas and couldn't muster up the energy for any of it. Cam came home to a crying wife and wails of "I'm the lamest of the lame!" over and over again. I also believe I asked him if he was OK that I had no plans for a date, but wanted to get out of the house. We ended up getting some food at Costco (where TWO separate women commented on how cute I looked...tender mercy from the Big Guy? I think so.) and sitting on the floor of DI (a thrift store) looking through childrens' books. (I found TACKY: the penguin for $.75. Major score!)
What I am looking forward to: Baby Shower this week! Also, my sister just came and picked up everything to finish up THIS. I can't WAIT to see it all finished!
Milestones: Nash's head has dropped. I'm not dilating at all, which is nice, but the Dr. did say that he really has no room to move and he's ready to go when the time comes. That's kind of crazy for me to think about. Also, my list of people who are due before me is dwindling. Babies are being born, people!
Realization of the week: Height helps with this whole pregnancy thing. I thought I would be WAY more uncomfortable than I really am at this point. Sure, I have a hard time getting up out of the car or putting on pants in the morning, but after that I'm really just fine. I don't realize how much bigger I've gotten until I see the picture we take for these updates. Major respect to you more petite ladies. I'm measuring 36 weeks right now for a singleton pregnancy and I'm pretty sure if I was having one baby, I would not get the full discomfort of pregnancy. Don't you worry, I'll be measuring 44+ before this is all over. All's fair. :)

Also, I was reading through past journal entries from during IVF and my word I was blessed with one of the most incredible husbands on this earth. I'm sure he had a ton of emotions to sort through too, but he spent every bit of energy he had taking care of me, making sure I was ok, protecting me from well-intentioned idiotic comments, etc. He is such a good man. And me and these boys are the LUCKIEST to have him as a husband and father.

3 comments:

  1. I hope all's well. It sounds (and looks) like it is. Rachel (Johnson) Turley and I were talking the other day and she said reading your blog makes being pregnant look fun. Props for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Totally loved your shout out to petite moms - I'm 5 ft. 2 in. and the distance between my ribs and hips is like 4 inches - thus my large babies sat WAY out front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairly jealous that you look so cute. I am 28 weeks with 1 and I look as pregnant as you! And I am glad that I'm not the only one ccrying to my husband about "rational" things :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS