Friday, January 29, 2010

A year in review & our new place!

And yes, we're only kissing in 3 of the months. :) Someone asked me the other night how married life was. I said it was great and that we'd celebrated our one year anniversary just a few weeks ago. She looked completely aghast and said "you didn't!" I reassured her that we had, in fact, celebrated our one year anniversary on January 2nd. She proceeded to compliment me because we have not yet lost that "newlywed glow." One year down, forever to go! I hope we keep the newlywed glow as long as possible!

Also for your viewing pleasure, here's a pic or 2 of our new place! They're not cutely scrapped yet, but I'm excited to show them to you!


My happy wall in the kitchen :)

Frames were each $1 at DI and we painted them. The clock was $13 at Target. I'm still trying to figure out what to put in these frames. . . I'm thinking lots of eggs and birds pictures :) Or perhaps apple trees to go with the apples in the basket? What do you think?


First thing I made after graduating. I've had a lot of creative energy that's been suppressed for the past 21 years of my life! You can't really see it, but the brown fabric has a gorgeous floral pattern. Very subtle but it's what sold me on it! Bedding is next on the to-do list. :)



This is in our kitchen...Sorry I'm too lazy to rotate it. We found that chandelier in a box at DI for $4. I got super excited and Cam told me there was NO way we were going to buy it. It was a nasty gold color and none of the pieces were put together. It was really a long shot that it would even turn on. A few coats of spray paint later and some DIY electric work by the one and only Cam the Handy Man and it turned on! Needless to say we're thrilled. :)


Here's a picture of the piano in all it's gorgeous red glory. It fits nicely in our living room nook. You can see some scrapes along the front...It really took a lot to get it in the apartment! Thank you to EVERYBODY who helped me get this from Logan, store it, paint it, transport it, etc. There are about 20 of you. This was Cameron's Christmas present this year. And I have to say, it is the sweetest thing to hear him play. It sounds like a dream and Cam sure is happy to have the real thing :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

  1. [...] are in her header. So, I clicked on DIY & was reading through some of her posts. I was reading this post, when I noticed that her chandelier looked a lot like the one in our dining room. Then I read that [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing through your blog [which I think is great, btw] & we have that exact same chandelier. But until I saw your post, I never would have known that it was originally an ugly gold color!

    I too am a fan of OAMC & I think your design style rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Kayla! that just made my whole day! lol your chandelier post cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute house! I thought the empty pics were mirrors at first. How 'bout mirrors? They are great for reflecting light and would be an interesting addition to your wall. Happy homemaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mirrors would definitely be cute! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS