Thursday, March 24, 2011

Clif Bars = Magic

Last weekend, Cam and I (and Kiara and Sam) went down to Moab for the Canyonlands Half Marathon. The twinners ran, the significant others supported. Perfect balance if you ask me.

We drove down Friday afternoon and went to the race check in. Cam and Kiara picked up their swag bags, bib numbers, and timing chips and Sam and I discovered the beauty that is the Clif Bar booth. This was my favorite place. I probably had 2 full clif bars if you combined all the samples I had. Consensus: Blueberry Crisp was my all time fave, followed closely by the Crunchy Macadamia Nut bar. Strike that, reverse it. Ah! Actually I just don't know. They are SO good! I have since checked every store we've gone into for both single bars and/or boxes of these flavors and I can't find them anywhere. Perhaps online it is. Amazon, perhaps? (free gift cards?)

Anyhow, the Calls really represented.

[caption id="attachment_1433" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Cam's the really cute, tall one in the white."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1434" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Almost at the finish! "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1435" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="woot! :) "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1436" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Post race, with running buddy cousin, Nicole"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1437" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="enjoying the "best recovery drink ever" He swears by it. And the race provided it, so it must be at least partly true. "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1438" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="4089 is my man! (They got their bib numbers AT the race this time, so I didn't have time to make a t-shirt.)"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1439" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Sweat lines. He's a hard workin' man! :) And I love that he always brings another shirt to wear so I can hug him without squelching after the race."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1443" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Kiara (blue shorts) and cousin Lyndee headed for the finish!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1441" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="The runners :) "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1442" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="For your viewing pleasure: Kiara and Sam"][/caption]

I'm 100% blown away by the people who run races like this. I'm currently "training" for a 5k. That's all I've got in me right now, lol. And actually I blew off my workout on Tuesday, so I don't exactly know what to think. (I've only been "training" for a week.) The dedication and motivation it takes to finish a race like this is incredible. Love you babe! And way to go all you other runners who I'm somehow connected to!


And major perk of the post-race hoopla at the finish line, the Clif bar booth was up and running and full of samples. :) Gotta love that macadamia nut crunch, erm, blueberry crisp, uhh. Just buy them both!

4 comments:

  1. What a small world. My parents, sister and niecce and nephew were there in Moab for my dad to run the race. I looked for them in your pictures lol. They drove up from new mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months ago i sounded just like you. i was always in awe of people who ran races like that. then one day i decided, "go big or go home, katie." i hated training for my half for the first 3 months. SERIOUSLY HATED IT. but i made myself keep doing it. and once my lungs got in shape, it wasn't so hard. and then all i had to do was run a little bit more every week. it was like tricking my body into thinking it wasn't running that much further if i only had to run one additional mile every 2 weeks. i'm rambling. but really, a training schedule and a running buddy are the only things that made me not quit. it's great to have a schedule tell me when i'm allowed to run shorter distances and have days off. it eliminates the guilt. k i'm done now...really

    ReplyDelete
  3. suweet! love the pics! they are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I totally drove through Moab during the race and wondered to myself if you guys were there! I even looked to see if the runners we passed looked familiar from your blog! We saw a number of runners but couldn't spot your C from the moving car! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS