Friday, June 29, 2012

What's Makin' Me Cry Today

We bought this CD for my little brother who has been called to serve a mission in the Phillipines Tacloban mission starting in September. Because Cameron loves all things music and all things Nashville, (that's where he served his mission) we bought a copy for ourselves too. One of the songs has been stuck in my head for the past few days and I've sung it to my boys every time I put them down for naps. How wonderful it is to find a song that, when I sing it, I mean every word.

Bless my son
Bless my precious one
Give him the faith to find the strength of Ammon
Give him the power of Paul in his tongue
Give him the spirit to soften hearts of stone
And bring him home
And until he's done
Bless my son


It brings such a spirit of peace into the room as they lay their sleepy little heads down for naps. They always smile up at me while I sing it and swaddle them. It calms my heart and strengthens my gratitude. Oh how I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS