Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go



What a refreshing view on the world! She starts her auto-biography from childhood, through her teen pregnancy with Shaquille, right up to the present day. Her trials and joys are laid out plain and clear & the writing, honestly, makes it easy to imagine her reading it aloud. I think I enjoyed that the most. It feels raw and unedited; real, I guess. She includes her favorite scriptures that helped her get through each phase of her life, which made the book all the more applicable to me on a personal level.

I honestly couldn't put the book down! I had a day off of work yesterday and had every intention of being super productive. Au contraire! I read this book in front of the computer, while making dinner, instead of cleaning the house, etc. Lucille really draws you in, and her can-do attitude is contagious! I really enjoyed her take on education and motherhood. She mentioned how she thinks every generation has an obligation to pave the way for the next generation, in the name of human progression. I recommend this book to anyone who feels like they've got it bad. It really made me appreciate the opportunities I have and the family I've been blessed with.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I have to mention that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. Click for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS