Friday, April 30, 2010

Freezer Cooking Menu: May 2010



Beth at Penny Pantry gave me the great idea to check out OAMC cookbooks from the library during the #oamc twitter party yesterday. I found 4, but only 2 are usable because apparently the idea of cooking for convenience is a *new* idea... Let's just say that when I'm busting out 30 meals in one shot, I'm not exactly going to have time to perfectly mold a "Layered Salmon and Cucumber Mousse" or a "Savory Chicken Cheesecake." [Do either of those even sound edible? blech.]

The two I'm trying out this month are: Girlfriends on the Go by Suzie Roberts and Betty Crocker's Do-Ahead Cookbook. I rarely follow a recipe 100% through, so if I change a recipe enough to honestly claim it as my own, I'll post it on here. Otherwise, check your local library for a copy of the book!

C requested that I prepare meals that he can grill. [You bet I can do that! Lol. I love "not having to cook!"] We're at the point where we really need to eat up the meals in our freezer, so I'm starting out with 14 meals done. I'll be making 16 dinners and some sides.

Here's what's on tap:

Dinners

  • Buffalo Chicken Pizza [C's Request. And 1 of the 2 things I make better than Chef Jessica. I'm gonna hold on to that for as long as I can! Recipe to come!]

  • Mushroom Cheese Burgers

  • Italian Chicken Rolls

  • Chicken Asparagus Pot Pies

  • Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

  • Lemon Chicken

  • Poppyseed Chicken

  • Souvlaki Marinated Chicken Skewers


Sides

  • Old-fashioned Baked Beans

  • Twice Baked Potatoes

  • Dill-Lemon Rice <--Dry Mix! Super excited to try this one. :)

  • Whole Wheat Brown-n-Serve Rolls


Lunches

  • Brown Bag Burritos [If I can con C into making his amazing refried beans. That recipe is coming too!]


Need some recipes? Check out my Recipes page!

3 comments:

  1. I need to get over my fear of OAMC! Right now I'm just making double of what I cook each night, though, and freezing the other part. For instance, I am letting the yeast dissolve for my 3rd and 4th pizza dough crusts today. ;) Baby steps... I honestly believe you can tackle anything you put your mind to, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great poem up top! i really hope my life does not get so crazy that i cant enjoy cooking a meal for my family once in a while though...espicially since elisha loves to help me...i need to do a freezer cooking day. someone motivate me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did freezer cooking today-wait...we did freezer cooking today. SHEESH. Especially with the babe. We did 5 recipes and doubled them so we have 10 meals. I'm out of town next week so the husband is on his own. Grateful for the meals-but dang, it was A LOT of work...and we are pretty much in a comatose state.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS