Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sushi Night!


Sushi is by far my favorite food. It's pretty, yummy, and relatively good for you! My sister, Lindsay, got me a sushi book/bamboo mat/utensil kit for Christmas and we finally got the chance to use it last weekend!


We made rolls with smoked salmon [so yes, it was fully cooked. I'm not gutsy enough to go for the raw stuff.] and crab meat, scallions, cream cheese, avocado, and cucumbers [from our garden]. They turned out so much better than either of us thought they would! And we were way over prepared. We had a ton left over. This will be one meal we'll be doing again!


If you like sushi, don't be afraid to make it yourself! It looks intimidating, but it's much easier to make and make well than you think.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad that you used the book and that it turned out. Sorry...won't be making it, but I wholeheartedly support you!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS