Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesdays with Morrie

C bought me the book Tuesdays with Morrie for Mother's Day. I had heard so many good things about it, and it definitely did not disappoint! I had finished it within a week and was already begging C to read it too.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, BYU was putting on the play Tuesdays with Morrie. [Oh, how I LOVE the talented world we live in!] C snagged us some cheap dress rehearsal tickets and we caught a mid-week show. To say it was incredible would be an understatement. There were only 2 actors, but it didn't lack humor, intensity, or emotion and had the entire audience engaged the entire time. I was extremely impressed with the delivery and found myself completely immersed in the world they created. Oh, yeah, and they didn't have a set. It was two actors and a bunch of props. That's it. But WOW. I wish it were still playing so I could tell all of you to go see it, because it's worth every penny! But, I guess I'll have to settle for you just reading the book. [If you haven't read it, please go get it. Like now. Visit your local library! :)]

The show started at 7, and C had class until 6:30, so I decided to pack a picnic. We finally got to use this baby! I made his favorite, Poppyseed Chicken, and surprised him. [yes, I CAN be put together, and on time, every now and again!]


Midweek dates are fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love that book too! But I cried the whole second half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the book. Read it. Loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I'm going to have to get this book.... Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS