Monday, August 20, 2012

English Muffin Bread

YOU GUYS. Stop whatever you are doing and go make this bread right now. For real. It is the easiest, yummiest thing you will ever make. [Besides putting chocolate chips on a scoop of peanut butter and horking it down.] I made the entire recipe with Gray on my hip. [poor babe is teething.] AND, we have eaten half the muffins and half a loaf already. And Cam is currently toasting two more slices for immediate consumption.

Recipe found on Pinterest; originally from: One Good Thing by Jillee

ENGLISH MUFFIN BREAD

  • 5.5 cups warm water

  • 11 cups flour

  • 3 packages rapid rise yeast

  • 2 tablespoons salt

  • 3 tablespoons sugar


Mix it all together. Spoon into 4 greased loaf pans. Let rise to the top of the pans and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing.

 



I admit I was skeptical that the batter/dough would reach the top of the pans, but it totally did. And it baked up beautifully. I didn't have 4 loaf pans. In fact I have 3 loaf pans that don't even match. All turned out perfect. I put the remaining batter in 12 muffin cups. And those turned out perfectly too. [I baked them all at the same time and pulled the muffins out about 8 minutes before the loaf pans.] They make incredible toast. I put homemade mango raspberry jam on top and man oh man it is GOOD.

The crannies my friends. The crannies. [Those blessed little air pockets that hug the butter & jam...oh boy.]

And there are 2 more loaves in my freezer.

I can hardly handle it. We'll be making this a hundred times over.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I have random loaf pans too, maybe we should see if any match and get them together. ;D Will try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? I just spent like an hour last night trying to find a good recipe for english muffins to surprise my hubby. Here you had one all along! What are the loaves like, just big english muffins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this on Pinterest and tried it awhile back, it's awesome! Totally agree.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS