Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jet Setters

I feel like my boys have been all over the country since they were born, and in a sense they have. We've been from Utah to Arizona to Utah to Idaho to Arizona and now to Texas. In the move, Cameron drove all our stuff to Dallas and my mom and I flew on the red-eye flight out to meet him. The airline we went on {Spirit Airlines} is a super discount option, but they're really strict on what bags you can take with you. Well, you can take whatever you want, but you have to pay for it. We were trying to keep things as cheap as possible [$26 one way.] So we packed everything in our "personal items" that we can carry on free of charge. [Actual carry-on bags cost $25+]. We were allowed a backpack a piece, a diaper bag for each baby, car carriers for the boys and a stroller PER baby. We got to the airport at 11:30 and checked in with all our stuff. We had packed perfectly. No extra charges. I was thrilled!



Getting through security was seriously a joke. We had SO MUCH STUFF. And they make you take your babies out of their carriers. And then you have to flip the carriers over and put them through the x-ray machine. And then you have to take your shoes off. And then your mom, who is holding Nash, is randomly selected for extra screening. Oh boy. If it weren't for the extremely nice and helpful security workers and the fact that the airport was near empty, I may have just got back in the car and gone back to Flagstaff. Once we made it through security, things went much smoother. Isn't that how it always is?



We found our gate and got the boys out again to play for a bit. They were being really well behaved but they were up so far past their bedtime, I really didn't know what to expect. Around midnight, they started getting fussy. I fed Nash and then started to feed Gray when our plane arrived. Wayne and Jared were on the return flight, so we got to say hi to them before taking off, which was nice.



I started to panic while waiting to get on the plane. Can you tell? lol.



My wonderful mom offered to take Nash during the flight. I was so stressed that the boys' ears would hurt and that they would be inconsolable. Lucky enough we took our seats and the boys fell asleep before we even took off. Gray loved looking at all the lights outside for a while and then pulled his blanket over his head and knocked out. Nash didn't make a single peep. He just cuddled up and went to bed in Grammy's arms. I worried about take-off. I worried about turbulence. I worried about landing. I shouldn't have worried.



And then we landed. And I dubbed the flight a success.



It was at this point that Nash started losing it. But I didn't care. The other people were getting off the plane. And more than a few people mentioned how they didn't even know there was a baby on the flight. A screaming baby when you are all packed into a small area and can't go anywhere? That's terrible. But a crying baby when you can get up and walk away? No big. We had so much stuff that we waited until the plane was basically clear. Daddy met us at baggage claim, loaded up the car and we went to my brother-in-law's mother's house to get some good sleep before the unpacking began. I was pretty much a zombie until noon, but we were here. and finally together.

4 comments:

  1. woo hoo for a successful trip! good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture. I think it should have been accompanied by a "Boo Yah!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are SOOOOO cute! I can't wait to meet those darling boys. I'm so gladyou are getting settled here in TEXAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin! I love reading your blog...you are a fun writer and a great mom and wife!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS