Monday, May 17, 2010

Finish It Friday: How'd You Do?


I have to say, I'm a huge fan of Finish It Friday! I was impressed with how motivated I was to stay on task and finish my projects on a lazy Saturday. My 3 goals were to finish the little pink/blue/brown quilt I started about a year ago, make almond milk yogurt, and order pictures for the frames in the kitchen. I finished 2 of the 3.

I learned a lot this weekend.

  1. Quilting takes longer than you think. Your quilt will also look better if you start out with squares that are actually square. [This was the first quilt I ever attempted. I didn't have the right tools to get everything cut accurately. It shows in the final product, but I'm so proud that it's finished! A pucker or two isn't going to make the blanket any less warm. :)]

  2. Almond Milk needs some extra somethin' somethin' in order for it to thicken up right. [I'm sparing you the pictures because it was gag-worthy in a major, MAJOR way.] I mentioned before that you'd be hearing about my failures right along with the successes. Almond Milk Yogurt was a failure, without a doubt. I will, though, be trying it again with regular milk.

  3. Pictures for the kitchen...nope. Quilting took a LONG time, and when your husband wants to camp out on a blanket in the sunshine on the front lawn...well who would say no? Not me! I'll be finishing these pictures next weekend.


So what about you? How was your weekend? Did you get that nagging little thing done? Tell me about it!

3 comments:

  1. Well, we did get some draino to try and make our tub work better. Yeah-we need some heavier duty stuff. But it was the attempt. And we made it to choir. I like this idea-except I'm probably going to give myself a week...and try to start the project on Monday. So my goal is to Finish it by Friday. :) This week, I need to finish up my quilt...just suck it up and do it! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a craft project on Thursday morning with a friend, but we didn't even get close to finishing. When I brought it home I really didn't want to work on it until I saw your post on Finish it Friday...I worked on it all day on Friday and was about 95% done. Then Sunday afternoon I was able to do the last 5% and it's done! Check it out on my blog (topiaries)! And thanks because it would still be sitting there unfinished otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS